Yes, you know that staying organized will help save time and money when it comes to groceries and meal planning; however, if you’re like me, organization doesn’t come easy! As my family grew, and my time to plan and shop shrank, grocery lists written on scraps of paper no longer cut it. About 6 months ago, I realized that I needed a proper weekly menu planner designed for busy (and potentially disorganized) parents!
Weekly Menu Planner -Review
While searching for a weekly menu planner that would best suit my needs, I came across the GlowBaby.ca website. There I found The Organized Family Menu Planner. The design of the planner is practical and it offers week-at-a-glance menu planning for an entire year.
This weekly menu planner doesn’t just consider dinner: there are boxes to plan breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks throughout the week. I know that sounds rigid, but my week tends to run more smoothly when I factor in all meals and snacks. A perforated grocery list is located to the side of the weekly menu plan so you can write down the necessary groceries while planning.
There are sections located at the front and back of the book to assist with planning special occasions, to record your favourite recipes, and to note other things that may need consideration when planning your meals. The final page of the planner is a large envelope, perfect for storing a few coupons or other loose papers (I store recipes that I want to try along with pamphlets with nutritional information in mine). With this method of planning food and groceries for the week, I am far less likely to forget to buy items and I’m a much more efficient grocery shopper!
The Organized Family Menu Planner -Pros
- Very user-friendly and uncomplicated
- The size is perfect: not too big and bulky, but not too small either
- Holds 52 weeks of menu plans (an entire year!)
- Extra sections are practical and account for special occasions
- At the front of the planner is a place to record preferences and allergies for each family member
- Has a place to record Favourite Family Recipes where you can write the recipe name, cookbook title, and page. You can find those favourite recipes fast!
The Organized Family Menu Planner -Cons
- I honestly cannot think of any cons. I love this planner and keep it on my kitchen counter for daily reference and use!
Would I buy The Organized Family Menu Planner again?
Absolutely! This weekly menu planner works perfectly with my busy schedule and scattered mommy-brain to save me time and money. It’s a must-have for any family!
Where to buy The Organized Family Menu Planner?
This product, along with other organizational tools, can be purchased online through GlowBaby.ca.