I had the privilege of learning about the top spring fashion trends straight from the well-known Tide PODS spokesman: celebrity stylist and fashion designer, Carson Kressley! He offered his best advice to give you confidence and ideas when supplementing or overhauling your wardrobe this season.
Spring 2012: Fashion Tips from Carson Kressley
2. “Yellow is the new neutral,” but if you don’t look good in yellow then incorporate it into pants or skirts.
3. A red/orange chili pepper colour is Carson’s fave as it “pairs so well with navy, black, and white.”
4. Prints are “tonal, tribal, geometrics” done in a smaller scale with browns, rusty reds, and olives being popular picks.
5. Floral prints such as cabbage roses are making a reappearance but will be on black, brown, and navy instead of the traditional white background.
6. Choose to carry a large envelope-style clutch. Get one made from faux python if you want to be extra trendy.
7. Add some flash with metallic footwear and belts (especially silver).
8. Focus on big earrings as higher necklines have switched the jewelry focus away from statement necklaces (big, bold necklaces).